From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP system worthwhile?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:25:47
1 On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:40:23 +0000 Ian Leitch <port001@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | 1) The revision has to go through one of 2 GLEP editors, what's wrong
4 | with letting a dev do this themselves. I agree with genone on letting
5 | devs have CVS access. Pkus it's not obvious on the GLEP main page
6 | which GLEPs have been updated and require votes.
7
8 So you Cc: glep@g.o whenever you send an update to -dev. Big deal.
9
10 | 2) Voting is done on -dev, I can't think of a worse place to conduct a
11 | vote. We need a web interface to count and clearly display votes for
12 | each revision.
13
14 Uh, no. Voting is done at the manager meeting.
15
16 Incidentally, at least half the people voting on your GLEP won't have
17 read it, but that's an entirely different issue.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm