From: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
To: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild copyright attribution?
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:50:58
1 www.groklaw.net would be a good starting point...
2
3 /John
4
5 On 01/08/04 11:37:51, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
6 > On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:36:01 -0500
7 > Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
10 > > In another post in that thread, he said that he had consulted with his
11 > > lawyer and dual copyrights were, indeed, a bad idea.
14 > Hi,
15 >
16 > I couldn't find this other post in my gentoo-dev archives. Could you
17 > please quote it? Or, Daniel, could you reexplain the why please? That's
18 > not that I want to restart this discussion, but I remember that in
19 > August I had the fealing that it was not really concluded, and it seems
20 > that I was not the only one. Also, I'm curious about the disavantages of
21 > shared copyrights in US laws, because in France, it is really a good
22 > thing, with no drawback I can think of.
23 >
24 > Thanks a lot to take time to explain this again.
25 >
26 > --
27 > TGL.
28 >