From: "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] experimental liveCD
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:33:14
1 On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 00:04:18 -0400
2 Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Speaking of LiveCDs ...
5 >
6 > I've recently aquired an "OldWorld" Mac (PowerPC 7500/100 with a G3 250
7 > upgrade installed), and have upgraded the hard drive from a 700 to a 2
8 > and 4GB, and would very much like to install Gentoo on the 4. However,
9 > it appears that the CD doesn't initialize my SCSI controller, or SCSI
10 > support and there don't appear to be any SCSI-related modules to load to
11 > diagnose the problem.
12
13 What about pulling the config from the disk and rolling one with the scsi as
14 modules? Popping the livecd onto a rewritable should allow for
15 substitution of the kernel and mods. Or even worse case, use one of your
16 other boxes to cross-compile a kernel if ya really had to?
20 Chuck Brewer
21 Registered Linux User #284015
22 Get my gpg public key at pgp.mit.edu!! Encrypted e-mail preferred.