From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why autoconf in system?
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:00:13
1 On Monday 12 September 2005 08:48 am, Frank Schafer wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 08:41 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Monday 12 September 2005 08:26 am, Frank Schafer wrote:
4 > > > we meet often the (faulty) notion that autoconf/automake (even a couple
5 > > > of versions on gentoo) is a dependency for packages.
6 > >
7 > > not quite sure what you mean by 'faulty', autoconf/automake is used
8 > > heavily throughout portage
9 > >
10 > > > I'd suggest to remove the build of autoconf/automake from ``emerge
11 > > > system''. I'd leave all of the autoconf/automake versions in portage
12 > > > tough for the case someone wants to involve in development of some
13 > > > package.
14 > >
15 > > it wouldnt matter, coreutils for example would still need it which means
16 > > it would show up in `emerge system`
17 >
18 > Hi, as I mentioned, I built LFS without this (and I have coreutils on
19 > it ;)
20
21 last i checked, Gentoo != LFS, so i dont really see what your point is
22
23 we patch source files heavily and regenerate the configure/Makefile.in files
24 in coreutils
25 -mike
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list