From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: Roel <frogman@××××××××××.be>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Create my own LiveCD (catalyst does not support this yet)[Message Scanned]
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:23:57
1 On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 16:22, Roel wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I would like to create my own LiveCD with a stage3 tarbal on it which is
5 > edited by me and it should contain an install script.
6 > I have to install 20 gameservers on our (big)lanparty in belgium by using
7 > my selfwritten script, I need my own customized livecd for this and, now
8 > that my installscript is written, I see that catalyst does not support
9 > livecd-iso's stage3 yet.
10 > I have searched the gentoo forums, the internet, irc channels, ...
11 > But I can't find a way to create my own bootable livecd-iso.
12 >
13 > the CD-ROM should contain these files that are already build here:
14 > -my installscript folder: install/installscript.sh &&
15 > install/OtherScriptFiles
16 > -latest portage snapshot
17 > -customized stage 3 tarbal
18 > -customized distfiles folder
19 > -customized packages folder
20 >
21 > Does anybody have an idea how to do this?
22 >
23 > Thanks in advance
24 >
25 > Frogman / Roel
29 > --
30 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
31
32 Roel -
33 Catalyst can in fact create fully working, bootable isos; the
34 documentation is out of date (its on my TODO list). To create a bootable
35 iso, all that you have to do is do a stage1 livecd (merges all of the
36 packages) and then a livecd stage2 (creates the compressed fs, makes
37 what gets put into an iso). Check out the examples in
38 /usr/share/doc/catalyst-1.0.4/examples/livecd to see what I mean.
39
40 Cheers,
41 //zhen
42 --
43 John Davis
44 Gentoo Linux Developer
45 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
46
47 ----
48 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
49 Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338 FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47