From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] luajit global useflag
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 12:45:49
1 В письме от Вс, 1 марта 2015 20:36:03 пользователь Ben de Groot написал:
2 >
3 > Or maybe one of the other lua package maintainers has plans?
6 Not that I'm in-tree lua maintainer, but as Lua-overlay contributor and lua-
7 fanboy, I'd suggest to unmask all lua-interpreters and make them slotted just
8 as python/ruby/whatever. And provide a eselect-lua (I had ebuild for it
9 somewhere).
10
11 Although, there is single issue: precompiled bytecode isn't compatible between
12 even "5.1" PUC-Rio Lua and LuaJIT, and, of course, AFAIR, between Lua5
13 releases.
14
15 But I don't think Lua-users do not know about that, so I don't think it is a
16 real problem.
19 Best regards,
20 mva