From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-cygwin] Hello. This is a test. Please forgive me.
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:10:21
1 On Tue February 22 2005 23:32, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2
3 > I knew if I waited long enough, someone other than myself would express
4 > an interest in Gentoo/CygWin. Please tell me you're interested in
5 > Gentoo/CygWin, Phillipe -- if I'm the only one who would use it, my
6 > recommendation is that the good folks at Gentoo put it out of its
7 > misery. :)
8
9 There's always interest when there's something that works comparatively
10 similar to Linux on x86. It's the same deal with the /BSD stuff: not
11 enough people capable of jumping in when so many things don't work. And
12 few capable people willing to. :)
13
14 "Wake me up when everything works and I'll try it."
15 (average user, roughly paraphrased)
16
17 What these experimental projects need are skilled programmers willing to
18 invest a lot of time and effort. Usually it's just 2 or 3 people doing
19 all the work... just to get a port to a minimally usable but highly
20 imperfect state.
21
22 If there were enough skilled & committed people participating and making it
23 work, these would probably be made official at some point with little/no
24 resistance. If it works well, it would be self-evident I think.
25
26 F=ma
27
28 (^^ obligatory law of motion reference in email regarding manpower)
29
30 Cheers,
31 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]
32 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F