From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2008 Google Summer of Code
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 11:31:32
1 Richard Freeman wrote:
2 > George Prowse wrote:
3 >>
4 >> How does the SoC work within Gentoo? Do the developers suggest things
5 >> they want worked on or do the users suggest things, the developers
6 >> okay it and then they get worked on or what?
9 > I think the good ideas matter more than who came up with them! If you
10 > have one - share it! It obviously needs to be a suitable project, and
11 > I'm sure the devs would comment on any possibly-unnoticed issues with a
12 > proposal. However, the SoC is probably a good opportunity for users
13 > (and devs) to get some new features that require some investment since
14 > it is a paid job.
15
16 I have asked on the forum and so far the ability to compile applications
17 for chroot jail and related parts seems popular.
18
19 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-653624.html
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list