From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainership and commit policy
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 05:26:18
1 Hi!
2
3 > Since we hae the new team system in place, i think the following
4 > should be the tree structure : under incoming directory there should
5 > be team directories and under that the new incoming ebuilds from the
6 > list or from developers who do not maintain the ebuilds they wish to
7 > commit. after committing to the corresponding team.
8 >
9 > and before that i assume the developers shouldbe aware which
10 > directories from the portage tree belong to which team ?! once
11 > committed to the incoming tree for an ebuild which a developer doesn't
12 > maintain , he should mail the current developer for either committing
13 > that ebuild or wait for this comments. if the new maintainer doesn't
14 > recieve any response from the old maintainer in let's say 3-4 days
15 > then the new maintainer can reqeust the commit access from the curent
16 > group leader.
17
18 This sounds very good to me, with a little modification :)
19 If it's a change in an existing ebuild it's better to submit a patch
20 against the current becuase with a patch it's much easier to se what
21 changes has been made. I think this goes when changing the version
22 number too.
23
24 Regards,
25 Mikael Hallendal
28 Mikael Hallendal                micke@×××××××××××.se
29 CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
30 Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918