From: Parag Mehta <pm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainership and commit policy
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 22:30:05
1 Hi,
2
3 With due respects to all developers, and the thread that has been going on, following is my 2 cents for the same :
4
5 Since we hae the new team system in place, i think the following should be the tree structure :
6 under incoming directory there should be team directories and under that the new incoming ebuilds from the list or from developers who do not maintain the ebuilds they wish to commit.
7 after committing to the corresponding team.
8
9 and before that i assume the developers shouldbe aware which directories from the portage tree belong to which team ?!
10 once committed to the incoming tree for an ebuild which a developer doesn't maintain , he should mail the current developer for either committing that ebuild or wait for this comments. if the new maintainer doesn't recieve any response from the old maintainer in let's say 3-4 days then the new maintainer can reqeust the commit access from the curent group leader.
11
12 this way i think it will be more easier to maintain the tree structure.
13
14 regards,
15
16 pm