From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainership and commit policy
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 09:58:05
1 On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 10:30:05PM -0600, Parag Mehta wrote:
2 >Hi,
3 >
4 >With due respects to all developers, and the thread that has been going on, following is my 2 cents for the same :
7 I fear that this is quickly going to turn into the same issues seen with
8 debian's overly "democratic" mentality. They vote and bicker about
9 everything. While I agree that input is good. Ultimately this is not
10 exactly a community project. We are almost all volunteers and should keep
11 that in mind when putting forth our input.
12
13 IMHO put forth your .02 and leave it at that. I think we should have the
14 ability to share our input then let Daniel and Achim and the others make
15 all the decisions (or delegate as they see fit)
16
17 I'd really hate to see us denigrate into the bickering that goes on on
18 debian-devel....
19
20 Oh and by the by I am not in favor of several trees. Too many moving
21 pieces. That's what cvs tags are for.
24 Ben Lutgens
25 Sistina Software Inc.
26
27 What's the difference between root and God ?
28 God doesn't think that he is root.