From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: elibtoolize and when to drop it from an ebuild
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:21:51
1 Roy Marples kirjoitti:
2 > On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 15:25 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> On 19:51 Wed 17 Oct , Duncan wrote:
4 >>> What about putting it in an fbsd conditional? That way Linux users don't
5 >>> have to deal with the step if it's unnecessary for them, while the fbsd
6 >>> users still get it when they need it. Seems to me this should be a
7 >>> workable compromise, where people might otherwise be inclined to remove
8 >>> it.
9 >> I prefer to avoid conditionals wherever reasonable, because then you
10 >> just have more code paths to test.
11 >
12 > What's more, elibtoolize does more than just fix any FreeBSD issues as
13 > it fixes stuff for uclibc and darwin based platforms. It also fixes some
14 > old crusty libtools in packages that affect Linux/glibc installs too.
15 >
16 > So just because you don't need it, doesn't mean that someone else
17 > doesn't either.
18 >
19 > Thanks
20 >
21 > Roy
24 I don't pretend to know much about elibtoolize but if it's so useful why
25 it's not needed to always run it?
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri