From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving virtual/eject to new-style virtual
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:41:29
1 On Tuesday 23 May 2006 13:25, Harald van Dijk wrote:
2 > How does it help? New-style virtuals have several disadvantages, and the
3 > usual advantages of new-style virtuals don't apply here. If it actually
4 > provides real benefits, then no objections from me, but how is this
5 > easier to maintain than a "virtual/eject sys-block/unieject" entry in
6 > the default-bsd profile?
7 I should have explained what my whole plan was, probably :)
8
9 Currently there are things provided by sys-apps/eject that are not available
10 on either unieject or eject-bsd.. the final idea was, from my part, to
11 identify those features in three versions "0a 0b 0c" (the 0 version is to
12 avoid collisions between virtual/eject and sys-apps/eject binpks).
13
14 0a would be simply the basic eject command, what it is now.
15 0b would be basic eject + --trayclose (needed by rip for instance)
16 0c would be ability to eject usb/scsi devices.
17
18 The first case is the dependency as it is now, the second is eject or
19 unieject, the third would be just eject and thus not keyworded ~x86-fbsd at
20 all.
21
22 When I'll be able to provide 0c features in unieject, I'd add that to 0c.
23
24 The need for usb/scsi eject is given by libgpod and related :)
27 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
28 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE