From: Gabriel Ebner <ge@××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC - apache start page.
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:51:26
1 Hello,
2
3 foser wrote:
4 > This has been brought up before. Gentoo minimizes branding and I do not
5 > think this warrants yet another USE flag. This is exactly what the
6 > 'hardened php' thread was about, introducing USE flags for such
7 > trivialities.
8 >
9 > Using another splash screen for gnome is editing 1 gconf key. I do not
10 > consider it intrusive (you see it for like 3 secs & how often do you log
11 > in) & I never had one complaint about it (on the contrary).
12
13 However, such a branding USE flag would be nice, and there are currently two
14 packages in ebuilds which could make use of it (gnome, gdm) AFAIK, with
15 maybe apache coming.
16
17 I suspect that there are other users out there who'd like to have a more
18 vanilla system.
19
20 Gabriel.
23 Gabriel Ebner - reverse "ta.renbeleirbag@eg"