From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patch filename conventions (WAS: Proposal: patches.gentoo.org)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:16:58
1 On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 11:04:14PM -0700 or thereabouts, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > One thing that hasn't been proposed, but I feel would probably make a
3 > very good suggestion, would be to increase the update frequency on the
4 > master distfiles mirror that users have access to, assuming it can
5 > handle the load (I assume it has the bandwidth given the proposals for
6 > another patches server near it).
7 > If the patch isn't found in local mirror://gentoo/ servers, they
8 > eventully end up at th master distfiles box, which will have the patch.
9
10 The master distfile mirror already syncs hourly, so I'm not sure how much
11 extra benefit is gained by moving that to every 30 minutes. The larger
12 issue the fact that not all users have that mirror in their GENTOO_MIRRORS
13 variable.
14
15 --kurt