From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem: HOWTOs archive versions
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 13:15:59
1 I have mailed the linuxdoc mailing list, we'll see what they say. I suggested
2 using symlinks e.g. that they have Linux-HOWTOS.tar.gz a symlink always
3 pointing to the latest version which has a timestamp in its filename.
4
5 File mtimes/atimes can't be used because (on my system at least) prozilla
6 destroys them when using HTTP.
7
8 Reiterating the old question: how do you override checksums? (e.g. create
9 correct ones on-the-fly from within the ebuild).
10
11 Another question: the HOWTOs are published in many formats. Unlike
12 text/html/html-single, most of the others e.g. ps/pdf/sgml don't have a
13 single archive, only the separate howto files. If I wanted to create an
14 ebuild to download these, could I somehow make it download an entire
15 directory with all its contents from the server so that I wouldn't have to
16 manually add new files?
19 Dan Armak
20 Gentoo Linux Developer
21 Matan, Israel