From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:35:20
1 Thierry Carrez wrote:
2 > Lance Albertson wrote:
3
4 >>I would have thought that the folks working on the GLEP
5 >>would consider asking infra about the logistics of that solution or that
6 >>even the council would be curious about that question as well.
9 > We have an infra team member in the council. And since no infra member
10 > contested the change to have a subdomain that was required in _October_,
11 > we thought (obviously by mistake) that it was OK for them. Our mistake
12 > was to suppose at least one infra member would read council meeting
13 > summaries.
14
15 I forgot to mention one thing I noticed in the meeting log:
16
17 15:10 <@Koon> one question is "should have it been resubmitted to dev
18 for discussion before we vote"
19 15:10 <@seemant> the latest version of the GLEP document reflects those
20 changes
21 15:11 <@seemant> yes, what Koon said
22 15:11 <@Koon> I answer no, since only the mandated changes are in , but YMMV
23
24 That's assuming that the changes had been properly asked by infra if the
25 implementation would work. Things that look good on paper don't
26 necessarily work well in practice. I was hoping the postponement of the
27 vote would allow infra to voice its concerns about the new revised GLEP.
28 This did not happen, the council assumed that the implementation had be
29 discussed with infra (which the folks for that GLEP had not done), and
30 went ahead and voted upon it.
31
32 This whole thing is a failure in proper communication. We are all at
33 fault for that (including me).
36 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
37 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
38
39 ---
40 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
41 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
42
43 ramereth/irc.freenode.net