From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 23:48:53
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > There is already a thread on gentoo-user asking how to safely switch
3 > from udev->eudev. If that were just a part of the handbook that isn't
4 > even a migration they'd have to make on a new install. Nor would
5 > udev->systemd. To summarize my goals in this thread: 1. Suggest that
6 > rather than picking a winner we instead just let the user pick the
7 > winner. 2. Demonstrate the futility of actually trying to pick a
8 > winner, because we all have different values on this subject.
9
10 The reason for that thread was because the user had a entry that enabled
11 systemd for a package. Once that was found and removed, the switch was
12 like it should be. Unmerge udev and emerge eudev.
13
14 Back to my hole.
15
16 Dale