From: Dan Naumov <jago@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Weird system time issue
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:38:38
1 On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 22:35, Ken Nowack wrote:
2 > Alright,
3 >
4 > I've been asking people in IRC for a bit about this
5 > and haven't found a solution yet. My system time is
6 > all buggified for some reason.
7
8 <BLATANT SNIP>
9
10 I am experiencing similar problems with the system time. Sometimes, the
11 clock gets off by up to 18 minutes within a 24 hour period, but the
12 "offing" seems to either slow down or stop after a few days. I've (on
13 several occasions) found the system clock to be off by up to 35 minutes
14 after using the computer for several days, but it wouldn't get "more
15 off" after that. However, after fixing the clock by setting it to the
16 correct time, it would slowly drift again.
17
18 This is happening to me on a system using gentoo-sources-2.4.19-r7 and
19 gcc-2.95.3-r7 with glibc-2.2.5-r5 (also happened with several previous
20 versions of glibc). I haven't attempted to switch to vanilla sources to
21 identify whether that would solve the problem, but I just thought I'd
22 let you know that you're not the only one experiencing the problem. I've
23 also heard some people on OPN #Gentoo complain about this as well.
24
25 Sincerely,
30 | Dan Naumov (aka Jago on IRC) || Otavantie 2, 50670, |
31 | Otava Folk Highschool || Otava, Finland. |
33 | User of Gentoo Linux : http://www.gentoo.org |