From: Pierre-Yves Rofes <gentoo@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About testing applications
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:03:49
1 On Sun, March 18, 2007 10:53 pm, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:46:40 +0000
3 > "Jeff Rollin" <jeff.rollin@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Which is why I was saying there was no point in a ~/.config
6 >> directory...
7 >
8 > Generally speaking one lists the contents of one's home directory more
9 often than one lists ~/.config. It moves the clutter to a place where
10 it's not so noticeable, and is thus a good thing.
11
12 Well, I'd tend to say that it's not noticeable even under $(HOME) because
13 one issues a "ls [-l]" more often than a "ls -a[l]".
14 Besides, moving all into ~/.config is just moving the problem somewhere
15 else, not really solving it.
18 Pierre-Yves Rofes
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list