From: "Justin (jlec)" <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: LINGUAS usage
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 13:27:29
1 On 18/05/15 19:11, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 May 2015 18:25:35 +0200
3 > "Justin (jlec)" <jlec@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> I am in trouble about he meaning of LINGUAS in a certain context.
8 >>
9 >> The program supports
10 >>
11 >> a) different interface languages
12 >>
13 >> and
14 >>
15 >> b) different languages for the content text, like hyphenation,
16 >> localized loremipsum and so.
17 >>
18 >> If you are setting LINGUAS="fr_FR en_GB fi", what do you expect to
19 >> see in the end?
20 >>
21 >> a, b or a+b honouring LINGUAS?
22 >
23 > I'd say a+b, with a) selectable by classical LC_* or LANG variables and
24 > b) selectable by some interface probably.
25 >
26 > that's what is done for texlive: LINGUAS pulls related packages that
27 > install localized docs when applicable but also give you support for
28 > hyphenations & co; however, no default is changed and you still have to
29 > ask for babel to get proper hyphenations when compiling your .tex.
32 Thanks for the input. That solution was also what I had in mind.
33
34 Justin