From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: danarmak@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Segregating KDE?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:19:04
1 The way I see it is that part of the problem with dependency resolution
2 is that we're source based. Debian and the other binary based distros
3 have an easier time because for them it (probably) boils down to compile
4 once, and then split the binaries, libraries and headers into separate
5 binary trees and do the dependency resolution on those. For example,
6 you compile kdelibs, separate out kdelib and khtml and make the latter
7 depend on the former, et voila. With Gentoo this process takes on a
8 much much higher complexity.
9 --
10 Seemant Kulleen
11 http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
12
13 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
14 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E