From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:56:08
1 On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 09:30 +0200, Matthijs van der Vleuten wrote:
2 > On 5/17/06, Christian Hartmann <ian@g.o> wrote:
3 > > > With respect to the "hey support omg!" comments i say stick a big fat
4 > > > README about being an experimental profile or something like that and
5 > > > that's it. Usually bug reports require "emerge --info" so it'll be easy
6 > > > to flag invalid ones anyway.
7 > >
8 > > Well. Marking a bug invalid doesn't make the real problem go away... but the
9 > > users.
10 >
11 > I'd say that's exactly the intention of INVALID. If I were to file,
12 > say, a bug in GCC at Gentoo's Bugzilla instead of GCC's, it would be
13 > marked INVALID. (Unless, of course, the bug is caused by Gentoo's
14 > patches.)
15
16 No. It should be marked as UPSTREAM and a bug should be filed in GCC's
17 bug tracker or the authors emailed if there's no tracker.
20 Chris Gianelloni
21 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
22 x86 Architecture Team
23 Games - Developer