From: Matthijs van der Vleuten <zr40.nl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 07:37:30
1 On 5/17/06, Christian Hartmann <ian@g.o> wrote:
2 > > With respect to the "hey support omg!" comments i say stick a big fat
3 > > README about being an experimental profile or something like that and
4 > > that's it. Usually bug reports require "emerge --info" so it'll be easy
5 > > to flag invalid ones anyway.
6 >
7 > Well. Marking a bug invalid doesn't make the real problem go away... but the
8 > users.
9
10 I'd say that's exactly the intention of INVALID. If I were to file,
11 say, a bug in GCC at Gentoo's Bugzilla instead of GCC's, it would be
12 marked INVALID. (Unless, of course, the bug is caused by Gentoo's
13 patches.)
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list