From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: council members and appeals
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 21:09:24
1 On 13/02/18 20:57, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 3:53 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
3 > <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Dean Stephens schrieb:
5 >>
6 >>>> Suppose that the council decides to accept an appeal from comrel. Is it
7 >>>> a conflict of interest for a member of the council who is also a member
8 >>>> of comrel to vote in the appeal? If it isn't, it is at least a pretty
9 >>>> strong perception that it is.
10 >>>>
11 >>> Why? How? Exactly what sort of conflicting interest is supposed to be
12 >>> present?
13 >> I think in Comrel vs. Council is not a conflict of interest, but rather
14 >> throwing the appeals process off balance. Can you expect someone to neutrally
15 >> review material and actions (question the authenticity of evidence, identify
16 >> potential misconduct, etc.) that they themselves used to build the case
17 >> against the reprimanded?
18 >>
19 > I hope that Comrel does not consider it their main duty to build cases
20 > against community members. They're supposed to investigate, mediate,
21 > and take action if necessary. They aren't prosecutors.
22 >
23 Do you have evidence either to support or contradict your case? TIA...