From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proftpd package question
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:42:01
1 On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 01:02:55PM -0500, Greer, Darren (MED) wrote:
2 : Being new to gentoo (two days maybe :), I would suggest having the start
3 : script anyway. Every other distribution I have seen usually starts it
4 : with inetd, but has the script in case you want to make is standalone.
5 : If I recall correctly, the proftpd binary will actually intelligently
6 : fail to start from the startup script if proftpd.conf lists it as inetd.
7
8 Okay, but later tonight. Right now I need to finish wrestling with this
9 damn tape library.
10
11 --Jerry
12
13 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
14 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
15 email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
16 || than that!