From: "Greer
To: "'gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org'" <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] proftpd package question
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:03:25
1 Being new to gentoo (two days maybe :), I would suggest having the start
2 script anyway. Every other distribution I have seen usually starts it
3 with inetd, but has the script in case you want to make is standalone.
4 If I recall correctly, the proftpd binary will actually intelligently
5 fail to start from the startup script if proftpd.conf lists it as inetd.
6
7 My 2 cents.
8
9 Darren
10
11 -----Original Message-----
12 From: Jerry A! [mailto:jerry@×××××××.org]
13 Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 1:00 PM
14 To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
15 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proftpd package question