From: "Patrick Börjesson" <psycho@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Docbook-sgml-utils needs lynx?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:52:11
1 When doing an update world I saw that something wanted to drag in lynx
2 to my system, so I did an 'etcat -d lynx' to see what could have caused
3 portage to think that I needed lynx. The result showed me some packages,
4 but the only one I had installed was docbook-sgml-utils, so I took a
5 look at the ebuild for it. In the last row of DEPEND I saw "|| (
6 net-www/lynx net-www/links )" which I take means that either lynx OR
7 links have to be installed... This is strange in itself as docbook
8 shouldn't need a browser to be installed, or? Anyway... I already have
9 links installed so why does docbook-utils want me to install lynx?
10
11 Patrick Börjesson
14 Public key ID: 4C5AB0BF
15 Public key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net