From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Planet Gentoo released
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:27:26
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > So I can see my blog entries show up on it without waiting around for
3 > half of forever. More than 15 minutes is very annoying.
4 >
5 > What's the rationale for having it happen less often? Maybe it's a major
6 > drain on resources, but from my ignorant mind, it seems unlikely.
7 >
8 > Has anyone checked with some other planet maintainers (e.g.,
9 > planet.freedesktop.org, planet.gnome.org) to see how often they do it?
10
11 It is currently set to update every hour (xx:02). I personally think this is a
12 good enough delay, to avoid too much pointless traffic etc.
13
14 On the other hand, I was also wondering how regularly other planets update. If
15 anybody knows anyone in the know, please get me in contact.
16
17 How often is Planet Gentoo Experimental updating?
18
19 Daniel
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list