From: Roman Gaufman <hackeron@×××××.com>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] aging ebuilds with unstable keywords
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:14:37
1 On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:36:03 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:18:33 +0000 Roman Gaufman <hackeron@×××××.com>
3 > wrote:
4 > | Would make a very nice QA measure. Any outdated/broken ebuild could be
5 > | auto reported to bugzilla and removed in 72 hours if no responce.
6 >
7 > Eh? Huh? By "QA measure" you mean "ways of making loads of QA problems"?
8
9 You know better, but why would this cause QA problems? -- if
10 maintainer disappeared and the package just sits there for years,
11 hell, let it be removed. Otherwise, a maintainer can just reply to bug
12 report and not be asked about it again.
13
14 > | I think gentoo really needs QA measures of this sort. Like in debian,
15 > | packages get moved up from unstable to testing automatically if no
16 > | critical reports were made for 2 weeks.
17 >
18 > We've already discussed over and over why we can't do this. It would be
19 > a QA nightmare.
20 ok, that would be a QA nightmare. I'm just giving an example of how
21 another popular distribution automates some of their QA (this example
22 shows how not to do it though).
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list