From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Watch out for license changes to GPL-3.
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 02:28:20
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > Well, documention won't help to resolve the legal questions about this
3 > (what exactly is necessary to assign copyright from a person to the
4 > foundation), and that's the main problem IMO.
5 >
6 Yeah, but most of us are pretty well aware that we're submitting an ebuild
7 with Gentoo copyright on it. I think the vast majority are perfectly happy
8 for it to help Gentoo under whatever license you guys think is appropriate.
9
10 It's not like we don't see the copyright notice, and are unaware of it. The
11 only question is why can't that be GPL3? It's not exactly stopping Gentoo
12 from using the ebuild.
13
14 But it does imply that the ebuild cannot be used for Tivo-ised systems,
15 which I for one, would much prefer for anything I contribute to.
16
17 Like I say tho, whatever is best for Gentoo as a whole.
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list