From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Global USE flags (Was: mplayer global use flag)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:34:25
1 arfrever <arfrever@××.pl> posted 491695f2.664f6065.45437606.105f6@××.pl,
2 excerpted below, on Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:23:50 +0200:
3
4 > In connection with latest globalization of mplayer USE flag I would like
5 > to ask for globalizing cairo, openexr and udev USE flags. These flags are
6 > used by enough amount of packages.
7 >
8 > cairo - 11 packages
9 > openexr - 10 packages
10 > udev - 7 packages
11 > Each of these USE flags is used by bigger amount of packages than mplayer
12 > USE flag.
13
14 cairo and openexr, good idea, AFAIK. udev has come up before but from
15 that discussion, the flag means slightly different things in some cases.
16 Keeping it local allows individual per-pkg descriptions, so where it means
17 something different, the description can say so. In both meanings, udev
18 defaulting to on remained best, but with the slightly different meanings...
19 There was some discussion about modifying things or changing the flag
20 where it meant something else, but I don't know what came of that.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list