From: Thomas Weidner <3.14159@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Wrote a FHS konformant Qt ebuild, opinions?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:19:22
1 Hi,
2
3 i worked over the latest Qt3 ebuild to see if i can make it fit nicer
4 into the FHS.
5 I removed /usr/qt/3, Qt not gets directly installed into /usr. Binaries
6 go into /usr/bin, but with a -3 suffix (like moc-3 and designer-3).
7 environment variables and qmake mkspecs are changed to honour this
8 (don't know if UIC and UIC_PATH variables are needed). Include files go
9 into /usr/include/qt3 and libraries into /usr/lib/qt3. The environment
10 variables QTINC and QTLIB are set to this. Shareable files,like mkspecs
11 and translations, go into /usr/share/qt3. Configuration files go into
12 /etc/qt3. Libaries matching *.so.? are directly symlinked into
13 /usr/lib,so no extra library path is needed to run Qt programs.
14
15 The famous QTDIR variable is also gone,i suspect this might break a lot.
16
17 As test i compiled kdelibs-3.3.0 with my Qt ebuild installed.
18 ./configure finds Qt without any extra argument, but the kde ebuilds (or
19 eclasses) surely would need to be updated.
20
21 I'm no experienced ebuild author, but i was very displeased with the
22 current situation, please post your comments and ideas.
23
24 The ebuild and the new environment files are attached.
25
26 Thomas Weidner

45qt3 text/plain
qt-3.3.3-r1.ebuild text/plain