From: "John P.Davis" <zhen@g.o>
To: Ole Tange <tange@×××××.dk>
Cc: rsk@×××××××××.edu, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fw: The Gentoo ALSA Guide
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:26:50
1 On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 05:39:50 +0100 (CET)
2 Ole Tange <tange@×××××.dk> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Riyad Kalla wrote:
5 >
6 > > I am pretty happy to be hearing this. Last time I tried to get ALSA
7 > > working on my Gentoo box (Gentoo 1.1, Athlon 2000+, nForce board) it
8 > > took me 3 days of recompiling and ripping out my hair before I finally
9 > > gave up.
10 > >
11 > > Has anything drastic changed or am I just the dumbest person on earth?
12 > > My buddy could never get it working either... (that was with gentoo 1.1,
13 > > an Athlon 1900+ and an nForce board).
14 >
15 > I was in the same situation. It seemed I just had to un-mute the soundcard
16 > with the mixer. I hope that Gentoo in the future will do the
17 > automatically: It is really stupid if people give up using ALSA simply
18 > because they do not know they have to mess with the mixer.
21 You could always file a bug on this..
22
23 Cheers,
24 //zhen
25 --
26 John P. Davis
27 Gentoo Linux Documentation Coordinator / Bugzilla Administrator
28 http://www.uberdavis.com
29 http://www.gentoo.org
30 #gentoo-doc on irc.freenode.net