From: Ole Tange <tange@×××××.dk>
To: Riyad Kalla <rsk@×××××××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Fw: The Gentoo ALSA Guide
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 04:46:03
1 On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Riyad Kalla wrote:
2
3 > I am pretty happy to be hearing this. Last time I tried to get ALSA
4 > working on my Gentoo box (Gentoo 1.1, Athlon 2000+, nForce board) it
5 > took me 3 days of recompiling and ripping out my hair before I finally
6 > gave up.
7 >
8 > Has anything drastic changed or am I just the dumbest person on earth?
9 > My buddy could never get it working either... (that was with gentoo 1.1,
10 > an Athlon 1900+ and an nForce board).
11
12 I was in the same situation. It seemed I just had to un-mute the soundcard
13 with the mixer. I hope that Gentoo in the future will do the
14 automatically: It is really stupid if people give up using ALSA simply
15 because they do not know they have to mess with the mixer.
18 /Ole
19 --
20 http://ole.tange.dk
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list