From: Nathaniel McCallum <natem@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage-ng concurse entry Was: Updated Portage project page
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 10:34:04
1 I totally agree with this (though I am not yet a dev). From the
2 installation perspective (I'm the GLIS guy), it makes a very small
3 stage 1 tarball, which is great for net installations. It also removes
4 interpreter upgrade problems. For instance, python 2.3 is already in
5 most other distros as a stable package. Bindings for other languages
6 also become really easy. C/C++, while not glamorous, is a workhorse.
7 Hope I'm not being too much of a "freak". Whatever language it gets
8 done in, I support it fully.
9
10 my $0.02
11