From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Replacing fdisk with cfdisk in
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:33:45
1 On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 12:46:04PM +0900, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2 > Lastly I am not a sparc user. If parted is better for the sparc, I guess it
3 > would be better to have parted there, but please, don't screw the x86 CDs.
4
5 The best solution imho is to provide our users with all possible scenario's.
6 In our current installation guide, this is almost impossible due to limited
7 size (we can't allow the current installation guide to grow further).
8 However, we're working on a Gentoo Handbook in which it should be possible to
9 provide our users with several implementations.
10
11 Kinda like
12 2. Partitioning
13 2.1 Partitioning with fdisk
14 2.2 Partitioning with cfdisk
15 2.3 Partitioning with parted
16
17 Using this scheme, no tool is favoured above the other (except when you say
18 that "fdisk" is listed before "cfdisk" -- bad luck :)
19
20 Wkr,
21 Sven Vermeulen
24 Save some animals, eat a vegetarian.