From: Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Bash vs. Python Rule files
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:38:07
1 On Wednesday 13 August 2003 22:38, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 12:44, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
3 > > What would you prefer?
4 >
5 > Bash, hands down...
6 >
7 > I think it would be a bit of a pain to have to learn python just to be
8 > able to implement an ebuild for an application which you want to have a
9 > menu item.
10
11 no, you only have to learn it if you write an ebuild for a window manager,
12 which want to have all items from a common gentoo menu.
15 > Where is all the work for this "Gentoo menu" being done? I would
16 > definitely like to be a part of it since I am very interested in it and
17 > would definitely like to see this come to fruition.
18
19 http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gentoo-menu/?cvsroot=gentoo-src
20
21 and in irc between me and svyatogor ;)
22
23 mfg, Heinrich :)
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list