From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new "qt" category
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 08:34:52
1 On 20 January 2013 06:59, Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2013/1/19 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
3 >> Just a completely different idea -- how about putting those libraries
4 >> into different categories appropriate to the topic? We have a bunch of
5 >> categories like dev-libs, media-libs, etc. -- and I wonder how many of
6 >> the Qt libs would fit into each of them.
7 >>
8 > This would be the right thing to do, or the correct way.
9 > Most would really hate it (me too)
10
11 Only for certain values of right and correct. Your gut reaction shows
12 there are other ways to look at it. Besides, do you really want to
13 spread the modules that are distributed in the same tarball into
14 different categories? And then how about updating, something
15 equivalent to: emerge -au1 `eix --only-names -IC qt` (or dev-qt, or
16 whatever the single category will be)?
19 Cheers,
20
21 Ben | yngwin
22 Gentoo developer
23 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin