From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [rfc] Rendering the official Gentoo logo / Blender 2.04, Python 2.2
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 01:54:00
1 On 05/01/2011 06:10 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > Could you bisect Blender to find out why it doesn't work with the new
3 > version?
4
5 If 2.26 still produced good results, 2.37a already does not. Bisecting
6 involves fixing compilation for each version. I stopped getting 2.30 to
7 compile because it seemed to take forever (longer than fixing 2.26,
8 2.37a and 2.40 together) and two people had their hands on a port of the
9 logo to Blender 2.57 by then, one of them still has. It's too early to
10 give details. What I can say is that personally I would want a very
11 close match in case of a Blender-based replacement, closer than what I
12 have seen so far. It still seems possible though.
13
14 Best,
18 Sebastian