From: Maxim Kammerer <mk@×××.su>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Opinion against /usr merge
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 18:09:56
1 On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > But it must be clear that all the rationale behind
3 > said division was invented after the fact,
4
5 I would say that the rationale was not “invented”, but rather adapted
6 to an evolving system.
7
8 > and (as Rob Landley said in
9 > his email [2]) maintained "for decades by bureaucrats who never
10 > question _why_ they're doing things".
11
12 I am surprised that anyone took that rant seriously. It is just a
13 rant, ignoring evolution of systems (where initially arbitrary
14 configuration changes and gets meaning with time), and treating
15 developers who have to deal with backwards compatibility issues and
16 established usage conventions as thick bureaucrats.
19 Maxim Kammerer
20 Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte