From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LWE/Boston 2006 summary
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 23:42:17
1 On Saturday 08 April 2006 00:07, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > - devs need to make personal Gentoo business cards cause when people ask
3 > for *your* card, you look retarded when you say you have none (i know i
4 > felt retarded ;x)
5
6 Meh, you just look retarded :P
7
8 > ... some just want a generic Gentoo business card and the
9 > ones we had were great, but when you get into real conversations, the guy
10 > wants to follow up later with *you*
11
12 Quite an important point, but to have that fuzzy corporate feel then the cards
13 should look the same across the Gentoo devs at the event. Maybe the organiser
14 could organise some cards?
15
16 FWIW, after 6 years at my present company I got my first ever box of business
17 cards with my name on em. Wow. I didn't take them out on company business
18 because I hardly ever do, but the one time I did I looked a right tit for not
19 having one!
23 > - in general, we had a pretty strong showing; in devs (i lub you all), in
24 > users, and in people who had heard of us but were interested in learing
25 > more or why we were "better" than say Ubuntu/Fedora/etc... (their words ...
26 > it's best imo if you take the approach of how our distro *differs* rather
27 > than falling into how we're "better" than others ... it's up to the user to
28 > figure out which distro is better *for them*)
29
30 Shows our users are mor intelligent than most :)
31
32 > that's all i got, i'm sure the other guys that were there can chime in with
33 > their experiences (i almost got rajiv to ride piggy back ... maybe next
34 > year) -mike
35
36 Sounds like you had a blast! How about a nice writeup for GWN?
37
38 Thanks
41 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
42 Gentoo Linux Developer