From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Missing: Universal-CD - Gentoo discriminates shell and networkless users
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 23:55:31
1 umm... I don't that was the point (that it can't work for everyone).
2 However it would be nice if I didn't have to download a tarball.
3
4 I see the point in why it's hard with distfiles but how hard would it
5 be to add tarballs and limited distfiles. to a "minimal cd) and make
6 it universal and put it up for download? maybe and make a note in the
7 handbook "distfiles are not supported" or some such. I really don't
8 understand why this is so difficult? the tarballs wouldn't be changing
9 from the ones that are on the mirrors. so what is the hangup? I doubt
10 it's storage space and bandwidth. (btw I've built livecds using
11 catalyst)
12