From: "姜渠" <jiangqu679@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Leno Hou <lenohou@×××××.com>, gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o, "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introduce ppc64le architecture into gentoo ! please share your comments
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 23:58:47
1 2015-08-12 15:47 GMT+08:00 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
2
3 > On 12 Aug 2015 15:20, Leno Hou wrote:
4 > >> 2. How to control endian difference via profiles ? i.e. *How to get
5 > >> ppc64le as a full stage/profile along side ppc64* ?
6 > >> Could you give me in detail ?
7 >
8 > >you probably want to create a new profile dir:
9 > > profiles/arch/powerpc/ppc64/little-endian/
10 > >then add a make.defaults file with the right CHOST defaults. as we find
11 > >packages that have problems on little endian, that provides you a safe
12 > >space to mask features too.
13 >
14 > >then create a new target for linux users:
15 > >
16 > profiles/default/linux/powerpc/ppc64/13.0/64bit-userland/little-endian/
17 > >that'll inherit the arch/powerpc/ppc64/little-endian parent
18 >
19 > I tried this way and could merge some packages quite well, that's great
20 and really helpful.
21 But I still quite confused about the CHOST, such as if I couldn't compile
22 "sandbox" successfully in this method, however when I tried to use ppc32's
23 profile, it builds well without any errors (similar situation of other
24 packages on ppc64's profile as well). What's that mean? how to fix this?
25 Could you give me some details ?
29 -- Linda