From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] staffing needs expirations?
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 21:48:18
1 On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 01:51:39PM -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > I just had somebody ask me about whether or not we still needed LDAP
3 > help. It's a good question, and I didn't know the answer, which is
4 > rather embarrassing since I'm the one who filed the LDAP staffing
5 > request. Since then I believe that lcars had taken LDAP over, or is
6 > otherwise assisting robbat2 (or the LDAP team, if we have one now).
7 I wouldn't call us a full team, just a small group of folk that have a mail
8 alias (ldap-bugs), and try to handle bugs for LDAP. [robbat2, jokey, strerror].
9 I agree the LDAP docs need to be re-written, but that's a large undertaking.
10
11 > In any event, I doubt that I'm the only irresponsible dev who's added
12 > an entry to the staffing-needs page and forgot about it, so perhaps
13 > we need to have items expire unless explicitly renewed? Thoughts?
14 I'm in favour of having expiry dates for requests yes.
15 And somebody can change my request for app-backup staff down a priority level
16 thanks.
19 Robin Hugh Johnson
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85