From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Regen2 ( was QA Overlay Layout support )
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 19:15:26
1 Caleb Cushing wrote:
2 > I'd like to start with, I'm not trying to stir up trouble but since
3 > questions were asked i'll answer them.
4 >
5 >> If you think neither should exist why do you have an opinion about this at all?
6 >
7 > I merged the java-overlay into regen2 a couple of weeks ago. as of
8 > right now I've no plans to support java-experimental.
11 Please don't. Until less than a month ago, it was a qa nightmare ( even
12 java-overlay was). Im sure both overlays probably still have
13 unresolvable dependencies. And yes they are an example of piss poor qa
14 standards. Even now im sure there is stuff in java-overlay that is be
15 just plain broken. I would hate to think about what java-experimental
16 is like.