From: "Damon M. Conway" <damon@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: AW: [gentoo-dev] GUi installer brainstorm
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 12:50:33
1 "Sebastian Werner" wrote:
2 >
3 >Another great idea is to store first all informations and then do the
4 >setup. I personally don't like all these setup's like mandrake, suse and
5 >Windows which ask me all ten minutes some question. I want to do all
6 >first and then only press 'do it so'. So you could build preconfigured
7 >CD's which autoinstalls on a new system. Insert CD -> Boot -> Auto
8 >Install -> Reboot -> Complete working setup.
9
10 I agree. FreeBSD's installer works this way and it's quite nice.
11
12 kabau
15 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
16 would also stop you from doing clever things." --Doug Gwyn