From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] GUi installer brainstorm
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 09:28:21
1 Like linuxconf on redhat... oh no.
2
3 I like this way to have one engine and some toolkits but its much work
4 to optimize all of them at the same. It's better to have one working
5 native qt-version like many versions which don't work really well.
6
7 Another great idea is to store first all informations and then do the
8 setup. I personally don't like all these setup's like mandrake, suse and
9 Windows which ask me all ten minutes some question. I want to do all
10 first and then only press 'do it so'. So you could build preconfigured
11 CD's which autoinstalls on a new system. Insert CD -> Boot -> Auto
12 Install -> Reboot -> Complete working setup.
13
14 Thanks in advance
15
16 Sebastian
19 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
20 Von: gentoo-dev-admin@g.o [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@g.o] Im
21 Auftrag von Mikael Hallendal
22 Gesendet: Montag, 7. Januar 2002 03:07
23 An: gentoo-dev@g.o
24 Betreff: Re: [gentoo-dev] GUi installer brainstorm
25