From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Common make.conf screwups?
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:42:39
1 On 7:45:29 pm 11/18/04 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
2 > I've got some better vim syntax highlighting rules for make.conf lined
3 > up to go into the next app-vim/gentoo-syntax. One of the things that
4 > this lets me do is highlighting of (some kinds of) mistakes. What're
5 > the most common screwups that people see? My current list is:
6
7 I don't know if you can detect it, but basing a var on another unset var,
8 i.e.
9
10 #PORTDIR=/usr/portage
11 then later in make.conf:
12 PKGDIR=${PORTDIR}/packages
13 or something similar
14
15 --Iggy
18 > * CFLAGS: -0[123s] instead of -O[123s], -ffast-math globally
19 >
20 > * USE: +foo flags
21 >
22 > * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: random duff entries (syntax is easy enough for me
23 > to validate the whole thing)
24 >
25 > * CHOST: there're certain settings that will cause glibc to fall over
26 > and die that people who are used to debian/sparc will sometimes use
27 >
28 > * MAKEOPTS: I'm kinda tempted to highlight "-j N" (where n is integer)
29 >
30 > --
31 > Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
32 > Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
33 > Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list