From: Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to speed up maintenance and other Gentoo work?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 02:26:39
1 On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 04:01:36 +0200
2 Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I'm collecting ideas from the wider development and contributing
5 > community on how to help maintainers and contributors get work done
6 > quicker, or rephrased - how to get more done in the limited time we
7 > have.
8
9 Something like what Debian does where a central service monitors
10 upstream ftp and notifies you when a bump is available.
11
12 Per-package eclasses - eblits standardized.
13
14 Crazy idea: Not-quite-eclasses. Some way to share small bits of code
15 between packages, though the code may not be eclass-worthy. We all know
16 the use-cases:
17 [[ -f ChangeLog ]] && \
18 { dodoc ChangeLog || die "ChangeLog exists but cannot be dodoc'ed" ; }
19
20 And bits of code of that ilk.